TASC Social Justice Services provide advocacy and support for people with disability, people with mental illness, people on low incomes and in disadvantaged circumstances.
We deliver services from our offices in Ipswich, Toowoomba and Roma to people throughout these areas and surrounding parts of the Darling Downs, West Moreton and South West Queensland.
Our Vision is Social Justice for All. In the work that we do, we follow these basic Social Justice principles:
- Access (greater equality of access to goods and services to members of our communities who are vulnerable, marginalised or suffer financial disadvantage)
- Equity (overcoming unfairness caused by unequal access to economic resources and power)
- Rights (equal effective legal, industrial and political rights)
- Participation (expanded opportunities for real participation in the decisions which govern our clients’ lives)
TASC ’s belief is that Social Justice is about equality and fairness between human beings. It works on the universal principles that guide people in knowing what is right and what is wrong. This is also about keeping a balance between groups of people in a society or a community. TASC upholds the principles of Social Justice when we remove barriers that people face because of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture or disability.
TASC’s Commitment To Social Justice
As Social Justice refers to creating a society that is based on the principles of equality and understanding the value of human rights, it is in direct alignment with our organisational values and philosophy.
At TASC, we work with our funding partners, partner organisations and the people we support to raise awareness, collaborate and advocate for Social Justice throughout our communities.
- Open Honest and Respectful Communication
- Innovation and Adaptability
- Client Focused
- Driven and Tenacious
Do you want to learn more about the range of legal, advocacy and support services that TASC delivers across Toowoomba, Ipswich, Roma and surrounding areas?
TASC Legal Services
For free legal advice contact the Ipswich Community Legal Service, the Toowoomba Community Legal Service and Roma Community Legal Service on (07) 4616 9700